An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join a growing and increasingly successful team delivering Mathematics to the students of Saint Paul’s Catholic High School. We are looking for an exceptional and inspirational practitioner of Mathematics who would be able to support and add expertise to our team of teachers. You will support the Head of Mathematics with the running of the department and develop an ethos of high expectations of staff and students. You will closely monitor the progress of students and provide support to secure an adaptable and positive approach to innovation in T & L in the Mathematics Department.
The Successful Applicant:
Will be someone with drive and ambition who will challenge, inspire and motivate our students. You will be a highly dynamic individual who consistently delivers innovative teaching and where possible has a proven track record of outstanding progress in external examinations. You will develop and review detailed schemes of work for all Key Stages in both Mathematics. Identify and produce action plans to tackle areas of underachievement by Students in the curriculum area. Implement and monitor these to secure attainment of students. Use data and benchmarks to monitor and progress in every student’s learning. Be aware of the latest curriculum developments and research on learning in the curriculum area, and disseminate this, as appropriate, including co-leading staff training in the department with the Head of Department. To attend Raising Achievement Meetings, providing information required, upon request. Monitor teaching plans and records in the curriculum area. You will be open to new ideas, committed to working as part of a team and of course have a good sense of humor. Saint Paul’s offers all employees bespoke training and support; a highly cohesive and supportive staff team; outstanding CPD and the opportunity to develop skills and interest through extra-curricular clubs.
We can offer you:
• Great career development opportunities
• An excellent opportunity for career progression
• High quality new build with state of the art classrooms and facilities
• A vibrant and happy place to learn, characterised by excellent relationships between staff, students and parents alike
• Excellent CPD training and support
• Saint Paul’s is committed to excellence in teaching and is led by a team of forward thinking, innovative and creative specialists.
• The School currently has a population of 757 Students aged 11-16 years and enjoys a growing reputation in its local community.
• If you would like an informal chat or to visit our school so that you can see for yourself the excellent opportunities available, please contact the Head's PA on 0161 493 2850.
• For further details relating to the job and an application form please visit our website www.st-paulshigh.net
• We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. The post will be subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS with barred list via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
• We encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Closing date: 12 Noon, Wednesday 18th April 2018
Shortlisting: Thursday 19th April 2018
Interview: Will take place week commencing 23rd April 2018
Completed forms should be emailed to email@example.com or alternatively can be posted to Mrs A Holland, Head's PA, Saint Paul’s Catholic High School, Firbank Road, Wythenshawe, Manchester M23 2YS
PLEASE NOTE: The school will not accept referrals or CVs from supply or employment agencies for this post. Applications must be sent personally by the applicant.
Saint Paul’s Catholic High School, Firbank Road, Wythenshawe, Manchester M23 2YS