Second in Maths/Lead Practitioner
Start Date: September 2019 or earlier if possible
Hours: Full Time/Permanent
This is a hugely exciting time to join Salford City Academy. The Academy is undergoing a huge transformation and is seeking an energetic, dynamic leader to join the Maths Faculty to support the vision of the Maths Department. If you want to work in:
• A school where planning high-quality lessons and whole-class feedback enables teachers to focus on the craft of teaching
• A school with opportunities to be part of the academy teaching and learning team; to support the leadership of teaching and learning both in maths and across the academy
• A school that insists on impeccably behaved students through a successful disruptive free learning system
• A school that has a unique approach to assessment and motivating disadvantaged students
• A school that offers bespoke CPD opportunities to assist you in making rapid career progression
• Unparalleled national support from dedicated advisors
then this role could be ideal for you!
The Ideal Candidate
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Experience of leading and managing team(s) in the development and successful implementation of strategic objectives
- Ability to motivate, engage and enthuse learners
Disruption-free learning began in February 2018 and is in its third, successful phase implementation. Students are warm, friendly and respond well to teacher instruction at the Academy. Every student is motivated to improve their performance in mathematics through the use of a rank-order assessment and a dynamic setting system.
Our Teaching and Learning philosophy is research-informed and draws upon the latest findings in cognitive science. Our students require an energetic leader to inspire and motivate them to achieve in Mathematics alongside an inspirational Director of Mathematics and a friendly, collaborative team of teachers. The potential to have a lasting impact on attainment is immediately reachable.
This role would suit somebody ready to take on the responsibility of a substantial post; this can either be as a Second in Department or Lead Practitioner, depending on skills and experience.