EXCITING DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY
Are you an inspirational maths teacher looking for a career progression at a rapidly improving secondary school in the beautiful Nottinghamshire riverside town of Newark? Come and meet our friendly staff and happy students and see why Magnus could be for you!
Second in Maths TLR 2b: £4396
Start date: April 2018
“Developing people of good character, who achieve excellence and make a positive contribution to their community”
We are a rapidly improving school and are seeking to appoint an outstanding and aspiring 2nd in maths who is ambitious, dynamic and dedicated to ensuring the continuing improvement of high standards under our head of faculty. This role offers an exciting opportunity for a well-qualified and excellent teacher to join the leadership of the maths faculty who are all strongly committed to the achievement of our students.
The right candidate will be totally aligned to our values of determination, integrity, ambition, humility and compassion and completely committed to our vision: Through world class learning we develop people of good character who achieve excellence and make a positive contribution to their communities.
Why work for Magnus Church of England Academy?
· Rapidly improving school on a journey to become outstanding
· Highly visible and supportive SLT
· Investment in leadership and career development
· Meaningful and exciting CPD that supports and develops all teaching staff
· No grading of lesson observations, a belief that everyone is always learning
· Bespoke coaching and development opportunities readily available
· Rigorous and easy-to-use behaviour system
· Well behaved students who are polite, respectful and look smart
Our ideal candidate will:
· Demonstrate outstanding teaching across the age and ability range of the academy and make a significant contribution to teaching and learning within the faculty.
· Show commitment to building on the success of the subject leading to sustained improvement in student performance.
· Have ambition for further career progression and a commitment to continued professional development.
· Be passionate about improving the life chances of our students through them achieving excellent qualifications.
The exact leadership responsibilities will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Application packs can be downloaded from: www.magnusacademy.co.uk
Applications must be submitted via TES online or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
T: 01636 680066
Deadline: Thursday 22nd February – 9am
Interview: Tuesday 27th February
Magnus Church of England Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to appropriate child protection screening including checks with previous employers and undertake an enhanced DBS.