The Board of Trustees wish to appoint a talented and motivated Second in MFL to join our ambitious and Outstanding Academy.
The Kingston Academy is new Free Secondary School in North Kingston, which opened for the first time in September 2015 with a cohort of Year 7 pupils. The school will grow annually by an additional year group until 2021. The school has recently taken possession of state-of-the-art new facilities and is ideally located North Kingston.
Our mission is to provide a world-class education for all the young people within our community to ensure that every pupil is safe, happy and succeeds. From September 2019 we have over 900 pupils across the five year groups of 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11.
We invite applications from candidates with the following attributes for this role:
- Passionate about their subject;
- Strong classroom practitioner, with the ability to engage pupils;
- A strong linguist, able to offer Spanish and French to KS4 and at least one of these to KS5;
- Experienced in curriculum planning and development;
- Experienced in performance development;
- Innovative in their approach to engaging pupils with languages;
- Flexible and committed to engage in the wider curriculum through our Going Beyond and enrichment activities.
What it means to work for TKA:
As part of a growing school, you will have the opportunity for professional development.
You will be working as part of an engaged and motivated team within the context of a highly successful school.
The school has recently taken possession of state-of-the-art new facilities and is ideally located North Kingston.
TKA is an Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' school and is highly popular with the local community.
Pay is competitive.
Please use the link to complete the online application form.
Our selection procedure will aim to identify with rigour whether the candidate fulfills the requirements of the post and will include the consideration of the candidate’s suitability to work with children and young people.
The process will include:
- Conducting an observed Spanish lesson of 55 minutes duration;
- Meeting with a panel of our pupils for informal question and answer session;
- Interview with the Head Teacher, Deputy Head and Head of MFL.
If you would like to visit the school prior to making your application you are most welcome to do so. Our Head of MFL, Jake Taylor, would be happy to meet with you and talk you through the role. Please call Justine Free, PA to the Head, to organise a mutually convenient time. Your application will not be disadvantaged in any sense, should you be unable to visit.
We look forward to receiving your application.