James Calvert Spence College is situated in a beautiful coastal town in Northumberland and is a 9-19 through school, catering for students from Year 5 to Year 13. We are within easy reach of urban Tyneside and beyond, with many staff travelling with ease in the opposite direction to the rush hour traffic from Newcastle, Gateshead and Sunderland areas.
JCSC and the science department have improved considerably over the last few years, and we are determined to secure future improvement through expanding the leadership in this core department. This position has been created to support our Director of Science, whose team of specialist teachers deliver science teaching to years 7-13.
We offer combined science (trilogy), biology, chemistry and physics at GCSE. A-levels in biology, chemistry and physics are delivered to our sixth form students at A-level.
GCSE results in 2017 put JCSC in the top 2% of schools nationally for the progress made by our higher ability students in science.
You will take on the leadership and development of your subject specialism within the science department. You will also lead on a priority area, and work closely with the Director to ensure Science in our school continues to improve, develop and thrive.
Our pupils and staff are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic individual who wants to work as part of a team to drive learning forward, and it is an excellent opportunity for an outstanding teacher of science to develop into an outstanding leader of science.
This is an exciting time to join JCSC as we continue our journey towards excellence, and look to build upon excellent GCSE and A-Level outcomes in 2017. Staff and governors are fully committed to promoting equal opportunity and an outstanding educational experience for all students.
- Be a strong classroom practitioner, looking to make a positive career move in a unique environment
- Be a positive role model
- Have high expectations of yourself and others
- Be someone with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Be passionate about improving the life chances of our students
We can offer you:
- Excellent opportunities for professional development, including in-house leadership training delivered by our Assistant Headteacher
- Trust and autonomy to ensure you can help lead the department in the right direction to ensure our students have a great experience in science.
- Hardworking and well behaved pupils who are willing to learn
- A supportive, hardworking team of specialist science teachers
- A friendly and supportive working environment with a dedicated whole staff team
Should you wish to informally discuss these positions further or would like to visit the college, please contact Mrs Carole Hutchinson (01665 710636, Ext 204, email@example.com) to arrange.
Application forms and further details obtainable by visiting www.jcsc.co.uk or telephone 01665 710636.
Completed applications should be submitted to Carole Hutchinson, Assistant to the Executive Headteacher, at James Calvert Spence College, Acklington Road, Amble, Northumberland NE65 0ND. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Friday 20 April with interviews planned to take place the following week.
No agencies please