The Kingston Academy is an ambitious new Outstanding secondary school, set up by The Kingston Educational Trust, a partnership between Kingston University, Kingston College and Royal Borough of Kingston. The over-riding aim of the school is to provide our pupils with an outstanding education and, in line with our school motto, to go beyond what schools ordinarily do.
The Board of Trustees is looking to appoint a Second in Science to assist the Head of Science in leading Science provision at TKA. The successful candidate, who will have experience of teaching Science to GCSE and ‘A’ level, will join a talented team of teaching professionals in a school recently judged by Ofsted to be Outstanding across the board.
We invite applications from candidates with the following attributes for this role:
• Passionate about their subject;
• Strong classroom practitioner, with the ability to engage pupils;
• Experienced in curriculum planning and development;
• Experienced in performance development and line management;
• Innovative in their approach to engaging pupils in STEM subjects;
• Flexible and committed to engage in the wider curriculum through our Going Beyond and enrichment activities.
We are seeking committed and experienced candidates with the highest ability and practice and welcome applications from candidates who are specialist in any of the three disciplines: physics, chemistry and biology. The context of our growing new academy will offer the successful candidate exceptional opportunity for career progression and enhancement.
Our selection procedure will aim to identify with rigour whether the candidate fulfils the requirements of the post and will include the consideration of the candidate’s suitability to work with children and young people. The process will include:
• Conducting an observed science lesson of 55 minutes duration;
• Meeting with a panel of our pupils for informal question and answer session;
• Interview with the Head Teacher, Deputy Head and Head of Science.