The International School of Moscow (ISM) seeks a suitably-experienced, creative and dynamic leader of the highest quality to become the new Secondary Deputy Head (Pastoral and Student Development).
The successful candidate will ensure that a high quality of pastoral care and student support is delivered across the Secondary School. Ideally, they will have experience of developing and delivering a high quality PSHE programme. The successful candidate will also serve as one of our Designated Child Protection Officers. The Deputy Head (Pastoral and Student Development) will line manage Form Tutors across the Secondary School, as well as delivering our rewards and sanctions programmes. He / she should be a strong yet sympathetic disciplinarian.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher with a proven track record of success across all Secondary Key Stages. The Deputy Head (Pastoral and Student Development) is a key member of the Secondary School Senior Management Team and will need to demonstrate a commitment to school improvement, both strategic and operational and will be willing to commit fully to the extended life of the school.
We are seeking a professional who:
● Is UK-trained or has relevant UK curriculum experience.
● Enjoys a professionally-stimulating environment.
● Promotes a well organised and inspiring learning environment.
● Offers enthusiasm and demonstrates a positive approach to students.
● Is comfortable integrating technology into all teaching practices.
● Is committed to constant improvement in all aspects of school life.
● Is reflective and continually strives to improve performance.
● Understands the value of consistent application of school policies.
We will provide:
● An excellent salary and retention bonus.
● Annual travel allowance.
● International worldwide medical cover.
● Up to two full school scholarships.
● A professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment.
● The chance to live and work in a culturally-diverse context.
● Opportunities for promotion and development both within the school and the wider global network of Nord Anglia Education.
If the opportunity to work in a progressive school in a culturally-rich and dynamic city excites you, please send us your application.
Applications must be submitted via the link below.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 25th February
Interviews will take place in London during the week beginning Monday March 5th.
ISM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening, including references and checks with current/past employers, and an enhanced DBS.