Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Secondary English Assistant join an outstanding French bilingual international school in Westminster, Central London. This full time position is available for an immediate start and will be contracted through to the end of the current academic year. This English Assistant role will involve working 40 hours a week, term time only, implementing a curriculum based on an enriched version of the international sections programmes of the French Ministry of Education. This year, the school admitted pupils through Year 10 and next year, they shall enrol pupils through Year 11 and gradually thereafter through to Year 13.
About the Role
· Secondary English Assistant
· Based in Westminster
· Aim to promote the delivery of outstanding teaching from KS3 to KS5
· Full time, fixed term contract
· Up to £27,000 depending on experience
About the School
· A French, bilingual, International school
· The school is an Ofsted-registered British “Charity”
· Welcomes pupils from all nationalities, cultural traditions and native languages from 3 years old
· Located in the heart of London, easily accessible via multiple public transport routes
· Looking to set up interviews towards the end of November 2018
In order to be considered for this role, the successful Secondary English Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
· Relevant degree qualification – English language/literature
· Native level English language
· Have strong behaviour management skills
· Ability to be pro-active and act on own initiative
· Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Must be able to provide recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number #IXK532410
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.