Secondary English Teacher required for September 2019 at Qatar Petroleum Schools based in Mesaieed in Qatar
Are you an Outstanding English teacher? If so, we have a unique opportunity for a career minded teacher to join a fast-developing school.
As the education arm of Qatar Petroleum, we are searching for an outstanding English teacher who is eager to work for a company who are world leaders in the Oil and Gas Industry. Our mission is to inspire and empower our students for a great future, through an innovative and globally relevant education.
The school is internationally focused and is at the centre of our Mesaieed community, educating approximately 1250 children from 3 to 18 years of age, and representing over 30 different nationalities. The English department is well equipped to support excellent teaching and learning opportunities. We are delivering an innovative and globally relevant secondary curriculum, which has the English National Curriculum and QP values at its heart.
We are seeking an excellent English teacher. The ideal candidate will:
- Have up-to-date experience of teaching English through to A Level;
- Preferably be able to teach a second subject, such as Drama or Media Studies;
- Have experience of teaching EAL students and developing language-rich teaching and learning strategies;
- Provide a relevant and challenging learning experience for all students;
- Have knowledge and experience of using innovative pedagogical approaches within planning, teaching and learning;
- Ensure the students are cared for in a happy, safe and stimulating environment;
- Maintain accurate formative and summative assessment records that link to all learning;
- Provide critical analysis of the progress, intervention and achievement for all children;
- Actively participate in and offer areas of staff CPD.
We are a newly established school, 8 years old, operating within purpose built premises that are well equipped to support excellent teaching and learning opportunities across a broad and balanced curriculum.
The school has an amazing international ethos and is honoured to be at the centre of our Mesaieed community, educating approximately 1400 children from 3 to 18 years of age, representing over 40 different nationalities.
In return for your passion in ensuring a dynamic and high quality education, successful candidates will be employed by Qatar Petroleum. You will enjoy the full benefits of working for the corporation, including generous tax-free salaries, free accommodation and utilities, interest free car loan, education assistance for up to four children, medical cover, airfares, paid school holidays and sporting and leisure facilities.
If you would like to join our team and make a real difference to the education of our children, please apply immediately with a one page letter of application, a full CV and a recent photograph, to: QP.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply immediately with a one page letter of application, a full CV and a recent photograph, and should include the following information for VISA purposes.
1) Date of birth 2) Marital status 3) Your Nationality 4) No of dependents 5) If applicable the Nationality of your Wife/Husband/ Nationality of your children 6) QTS Status
Please send your letter of application, your CV and a recent photograph to QP.email@example.com
For further information please call Penny Kontopyrghou on +44 (0)20 7259 8771 or +447595 968 600.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and short-listed applicants will be contacted once applications have been reviewed.