The British International School of Kuala Lumpur (BSKL) seeks an exceptional, creative, well-qualified and experienced Teacher Librarian to join a successful and highly acclaimed Secondary School. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to lead an already established and successful library, based literally ‘at the heart of the Secondary School’. This position is a vital aspect of our school’s development plan, and the successful candidate will be instrumental in further raising the profile of reading and literacy in the school.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a dynamic and creative approach to teaching and leading a popular library. It needs an outstanding practitioner and a forward thinking librarian. Experience of teaching English/ literacy and/or working with ESL students would be essential.
Candidates should also illustrate: a capacity to help students achieve their absolute best as part of a team, a proactive commitment to the pastoral care and wellbeing of our learners, and a willingness to contribute to the thriving extra-curricular life of our school.
At BSKL, our students are motivated, committed and love learning in our state of the art facilities. Our staff are passionate and outstanding teaching professionals, and we are committed to providing excellent and ongoing CPD opportunities.
We are seeking a professional who:
- Has experience and training as a librarian.
- Holds a UK (or equivalent) qualification and teaching experience.
- Has a love of reading and a commitment to enthuse young people about reading and literature.
- Possesses the ability to support teachers and Heads of Department in literacy based planning and delivery.
- Is experienced in supporting students’ through study skills, revision strategies, and research based projects at A-Level including EPQ.
- Enjoys a professionally-stimulating environment.
- Promotes a well organised and inspiring learning environment.
- Offers enthusiasm and demonstrates a positive approach to students.
- Is comfortable integrating technology into all teaching practices.
- Is committed to constant improvement in all aspects of school life.
- Is reflective and continually strives to improve performance.
- Understands the value of consistent application of school policies.
We will provide:
- An excellent salary.
- Annual travel allowance.
- International worldwide medical cover.
- Up to two full school scholarships.
- A professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment.
- The chance to live and work in a culturally-diverse context.
- Opportunities for promotion and development both within the school and the wider global network of The British Schools Foundation.
If the opportunity to work in a progressive school in a culturally-rich and dynamic city excites you, please send us your application.
Applications must be submitted via the link below. The closing date for applications is 3.00 pm on the 3rd of January 2018. Long list/ initial Skype interviews will be held between the 8th-12th of January, 2018. Final interviews will be held in the UK, where appropriate, between the 22nd-26th of January 2018. Early applications are strongly encouraged (we reserve the right to appoint early).
The British Schools Foundation (BSF) and all BSF schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening, including references and checks with current/past employers, and an enhanced DBS.