Smart Teachers welcomes overseas trained Maths / Mathematics teachers to consider a vacancy in a highly regarded all girls’ school based near Maidenhead, Berkshire, UK. This successful, oversubscribed school is renowned for its approach, combining academic excellence with outstanding pastoral care, putting it in the top 11% of state schools for pupil progress. In turn, the school benefits from a strong community feel. The successful Maths / Mathematics Teacher will start in September 2019 and teach a timetable across all secondary years. This is a long term, permanent contract.
About the Role
• Mathematics Teacher / Maths Teacher
• Secondary timetable
• Full time, permanent contract
• Annual salary from $46,200 to $67,160 AUD (depending on experience)
About the School
• ‘Outstanding’ rated school
• Larger than average all girls’ 11-18 school
• Strong community atmosphere
• Extremely supportive senior management team and mentoring programme for new members of staff
• Outstanding GCSE and A level results putting it in the top local school leagues
• Located near the established town of Maidenhead, benefiting from the new Elizabeth Line later in 2018, enabling 40 minute commute from central London and 12 minutes from Reading
About the location
Berkshire is a large, historic market town, 41km out of the hustle of London that’s surrounded by large green areas on the bank of the River Thames. It is a very well-connected town with regular trains running in and out of London taking up to 40 minutes. Berkshire offers attractive residential and leisure facilities, such as dreamy properties, new shopping centers and rowing clubs. The town is known for its fabulous primary schools and growing numbers of independent and state secondary schools.
Benefits of registering with Smart Teachers
• An invitation to join our Overseas Teachers social group and attend our monthly events, connecting you with other migrants.
• Dedicated Australian-based team available to answer your queries before you move abroad, and a London-based team to support you when you land.
• Smart is powered by Tes, the world’s largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more.
In order to be considered for this role, the Mathematics Teacher / Maths Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have experience working as a high school Maths Teacher or equivalent
• Hold a Post graduate certificate of education/B Ed or equivalent Mathematics teaching qualification
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa), sponsorship license held for exceptional candidates
• Recent classroom-based references and valid police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number SXT36722RXP.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.