Our International School is looking for an enthusiastic Secondary MYP Coordinator to join our team. This MYP coordinator will be responsible for the development and the implementation of the MYP curriculum in our new secondary department.
Given the nature of the school and the exciting challenges ahead the successful candidate will:
- be a qualified teacher with Secondary certification, flexibility on subject(s) taught is desirable
- be fluent in English at native level
- have a proven record of 5 years as a MYP teacher, preferably across the MYP age range
- have previous leadership experience. Leadership as MYP coordinator would be an asset
- hold an EU passport or be eligible to work in Belgium
We will also be looking for someone who:
- demonstrates International Mindedness
- shares our school values
- is committed to professional development in order to provide up to date teaching practices
- is caring and committed to our student well being
- demonstrates EQ
- is enthusiastic to be part of a new team and committed to its development.
Therefore, we look for a team player demonstrating flexibility and readiness to take additional responsibilities as well as open to challenge, creative and a reflective practioner.
The MYP coordinator will be part of our Secondary Leadership Team and will have teaching responsibilities. Specific non-teaching time will be provided to fulfill his/her leadership responsibilities.
If you meet these criteria and are dedicated to learning we would very much welcome your application.
BEPS International School is a well-established school serving the international community since 1972. We have welcomed children aged 2,5 to 12 and from September 2018 we will extend this up to 14 years old. Each following year we will open an additional MYP age level. Once the MYP cycle will be completed we will open the DP years.
Our school is located in a beautiful house within Brussels and surrounded by the green area of Bois de la Cambre. We are a family orientated school with a strong sense of community.
BEPS International School is committed to providing high quality education and developing a love of learning in our children. We encourage our children to become confident, independent learners and global citizens.
We are a dynamic international team committed to providing an up to date learning approach in a caring, nurturing and supportive environment. Our class sizes support differentiation and individual needs.
The school is committed to the development of our new secondary department. We will support a growing team and this will open future personal growth and development for our staff.
More information about BEPS International School can be found at www.beps.com
To apply please send an application file to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: “Application for the position of MYP Coordinator”. It should include:
- your CV including a recent photograph
- along with your formal letter of application addressed to the director of the school
- contact details of three referees
Furthermore, BEPS International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its employees and children. Appointment will be confirmed upon receipt of a police check.
Deadline for application: Friday 2nd of March 2018
Interview will take place on Tuesday 13th and Wednesday 14th March 2018