Smart Teachers welcomes Australian and New Zealand trained teachers to apply for a Physical Education Teacher / PE Teacher position to teach Girls’ PE lessons at a co-educational secondary school in Brent, North West London. This is a full-time role teaching across a whole secondary timetable. The secondary Girls’ Physical Education Teacher / PE Teacher is required to teach for a year’s maternity cover starting September 2019 (ideally). The school is very established and has strong links to the local community. The successful teacher will benefit from working in a school with a strong sense of teamwork and opportunities for further career development.
About the Role
• Physical Education Teacher / PE Teacher
• Teaching Girls PE across a whole secondary timetable
• One-year Maternity cover post
• $250- $320AUD per day depending on experience
About the School
• Co-educational secondary school
• Located in Brent, North West London, Zone 4
• Well established secondary school
• Good support and strong sense of community in school
About the location
• The borough of Barnet is located in North-West London
• Well connected borough with a choice of tube lines taking approximately 30 minutes into London
• One of the most picturesque areas surrounded by large greens and parks
• Beautiful accommodation choices with a good choice of converted flats, shared-houses and apartments
In order to be considered for this role, the Physical Education Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have experience working as a Physical Education Teacher or equivalent
• Hold a Post graduate certificate of education/B Ed or equivalent secondary teaching qualification
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa), sponsorship license held for exceptional candidates
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
• OS teachers and Newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply
Benefits of registering with Smart Teachers:
• Dedicated Australian-based team available to answer your queries before you move abroad, and a London-based team to support you when you land
• Completely free service
• An invitation to join our Overseas Teachers social group and attend our monthly events, connecting you with other migrants.
• Smart is powered by Tes, the world's largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more.
• Teaching overseas is a great way to develop personally and professionally’ and is a great addition to your CV.
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
If you are applying from Australia or New Zealand please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number GXH537804RXP.
If you are anywhere else in the world, please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number GXH537804RXP.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.