Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
● The objective of the Head of Department is to create and maintain excellence in the teaching of the Secondary Department in the school, both in determining the content and assessment of the teaching programmes for each level, and in the delivery of those programmes.
● A minimum four year recognised teaching qualification including a Bachelor’s Degree and Teaching Diploma or a Bachelor of Education;
● A minimum of 8 years teaching experience preferably including leadership experience ;
● Experience in at least one of the following curriculum areas: IGCSE, IB Diploma, HSC or Australian Curriculum
● Excellent time management and organisational skills;
● Solid record-keeping and administrative skills;
● Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with parents and all levels of the organisation;
● Team building and conflict resolution skills
AIS welcomes the right candidate to join our AIS team in the Secondary School.
We are offering attractive salary and benefit packages to successful candidates.Further information about this position is available in the attached job description. Only applications submitted using the school's application form will be considered. Please submit your completed application form, cover letter and CV by Tuesday 31 JULY 2018, 23:59 (UK Time). Please provide the following supporting documentation as well as completing our application form:
- CV or Resume (max 2 side of A4)
- Cover Letter (max 1 side of A4)