To support our PE Team, we are looking for an adaptable and inspiring PE Teacher starting in August.
BMS is the oldest international school in the center of Berlin. 1000 students from 55 countries attend our school and are taught using the best international and national curriculum programs. The Berlin Metropolitan School is an all-day school, allowing students from kindergarten through 12th grade to complete a modern and values-based education, culminating into an internationally recognized diploma. An international team of more than 200 dedicated employees lead the way for the learning success of our students.
THE EXCITING CHALLENGE
- Support and promote the school and the IB mission statements.
- Ensure the PE lesson is organized, stimulating and attractive.
- Demonstrate effort and commitment to make lessons enjoyable and relevant to all learners.
- Opportunities are made to promote intercultural understanding.
- Encourage students to continue their learning independently and spark enthusiasm and love for learning by modelling this themselves.
- Opportunities are made for pupils to develop skills in teamwork and collaborative learning.
- Students’ success and next steps are communicated to them and their parents effectively.
- Maintain co-operative, supportive professional relationships with the entire school community.
- Teaching shows good understanding and use of the school’s written curriculum and policies.
- Complete planning punctually according to the school guidelines.
- Students’ progress is continuously assessed using a variety of methods.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of progress which can communicate success and development to students, parents and colleagues.
- A committed, experienced and well-qualified PE teacher, who is seeking an opportunity to extend their expertise and who is interested in working in a high quality teaching environment.
- A Bachelors or Master´s degree in Education with an official teaching certification in PE for Secondary Education.
- At least three years teaching experience, ideally in an IB school.
- English or German native-level speaker fluency.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT BMS
- We offer a modern, inspiring work environment with international employees and an open school community in the heart of Berlin.
- The opportunity to grow in an interesting environment and to define with us new quality standards in the field of education.
- Our co-operation and the sense of belonging together are characterized by a special team spirit and a respectful and harmonious interaction.
- Our open-door-culture with the leadership, joint learning and case counselling creates an inspiring and supporting collaboration.
- Continuous personal development through professional development days and individual training.
- We offer best conditions for a modern classroom with a comprehensive range of modern technology and resources.
- Benefits such as relocation package (visa, settling in allowance, housing support etc.), daily free lunch for all staff members and sabbatical opportunities.
Berlin Metropolitan School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years