We are looking for a dynamic and talented Secondary Science Teacher in the south of Spain at El Limonar International School (ELIS) Murcia.
If you have a passion for learning and teaching Science (from KS3 up to Year 11) and are keen to develop your pedagogical and professional skills, then this exciting
opportunity to join our Upper School team is available starting in September 2021.
Working in ELIS Cognita: El Limonar International School Murcia and El Limonar International School Villamartín are proud to be part of the global Cognita family of schools. Cognita is an extraordinary group of diverse yet connected schools joining forces in an inspiring world of education with one common purpose: building self-belief and empowering individuals to succeed.
In Cognita we want to help you achieve more as a teaching professional. We’re committed to hiring and retaining outstanding talent: teachers and leaders who are passionate about their craft as well as having an excellent understanding of the skills required to work successfully with young people. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive range of benefits, not least professional development incentives that can see their talents and efforts being transformed into vibrant and rewarding careers.
In order to build upon significant achievements to date, the Executive Principal is inviting applications for the post of Secondary Science Teacher to start on September 1st 2021. The vacancy comes at an exciting time within the development of our expanding Upper School and will see the post-holder teaching general Science in our Middle School section and IGCSE separate sciences across Year 9 – Year 11; forming part of a strong cross-school Science team. The role would include some lab technician responsibilities.
We have recently opened our outstanding new Upper school site with state-of-the-art facilities and a pre-university atmosphere and philosophy, in an environmentally efficient, low -impact building. The school is also currently completing the CIS (Council of International Schools) accreditation process to cement our philosophy of promoting global citizenship.
This post requires a PGCE-qualified (or equivalent) teacher experienced in the delivery of Science. Experience in preparing students for public examination at (I)GCSE is preferable but not essential. The post represents a genuine career advancement opportunity for staff as opportunities will be given to work closely with the faculty’s subject specialists. Very strong candidates will have broad experience across the Science curriculum and a proven track record of working closely with colleagues to embed innovative teaching and learning across year groups in their schools.
The post –
* PGCE-qualified (or equivalent) teacher experienced in the teaching of Sciences across KS3 to KS4.
* The ideal candidate would also have some staff and curriculum management experience
* All applicants should be native level English-speakers or be technically bilingual (with a C2
level English qualification)
* Experience in preparing students for public examination is necessary. The Sciences are an
area of the curriculum that attracts significant interest from students and
* Experience as an Assistant Examiner would be an advantage but is not essential.
* As well as meeting the requirements of the general candidate specification, the successful
candidate will be highly self-motivated, able to work independently and be very well organized.
* Knowledge of the Spanish language would be an advantage but is not essential.
Working at ELIS we offer you:
* El Limonar International School (ELIS), as part of the Cognita Schools group, is an equal
opportunities employer that welcomes applications from all qualified teachers with relevant experience including teaching couples.
* Teachers would be expected to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the schools so you
would have the opportunity to enrich and innovate our offer.
* Contracts are full time and permanent with remuneration and working conditions that reflect the Spanish national collective bargaining agreement for private education.
* School places for staff children in ELIS are free of tuition fees and there are other local
* Full induction and help with settling in the region will be provided.
* Full support with the visa and residency process if a British national
Suitability for the post will be assessed through the Application Form, letter, interview
process and references undertaken.
Applications will only be considered from candidates submitting a completed teacher
application form (a copy of which is included in this advert). Candidates are also required to submit an application letter addressed to the Executive Principal, Mr. Christopher Eversden, and may also send a C.V. (with photograph) if they wish. Applications should be submitted through the ‘Apply Now’ button included in this advertisement. El Limonar International School, as part of the Cognita Schools group, is an equal opportunities employer that welcomes applications from all qualified teachers who meet the requirements of the
candidate specification and have the relevant experience, including teaching couples.
Key dates to be aware of:
* Closing date for applications: 4th of March 2021 at 9am but an appointment would be made before that date in order to secure an outstanding candidate.
Arriving at a decision:
In making an appointment, the Selection Panel, will balance all of the evidence presented
through all the various elements of the written application, the activities and panel interviews. Feedback will be offered to unsuccessful candidates.
Further details of the post and our school can be found on the school’s website:
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this
commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks
will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
El Limonar International School, Murcia
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of age 3 - 18 years
El Limonar International School has been providing a high quality bilingual education for Spanish and International students from Early Years to KS5 in the Murcia and Alicante regions, southern Spain for close to thirty years. With the ap...