Job Start: As soon as possible
Location: Könneritzstraße 47, Leipzig, Germany
Contract: Full-time, time-limited contract of employment until 30 June 2019
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds; thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 70 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Leipzig International Kindergarten).
Our excellent academic results, benchmarked against the International Schools’ Assessment and the IGCSE and IB international examinations, are proof of the quality education we provide at Leipzig International School. The school is fully accredited by the Council of International Schools as well as the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world? Then we are looking forward to hearing from you!
We are looking for a Secondary School Teacher Art as parental leave cover until 30 June 2019 to join the Secondary School Art department to teach Middle School Art. It may be possible to split this position into two part-time positions if there is more than one suitable candidate and if the timetable enables such a split to be made. There may be the possibility of a contract extension after 30 June 2019.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Collaboratively plan, deliver and assess work for your classes in parallel with other department members
- Deliver relevant, current and challenging lessons that will allow students to see how the subject you are teaching them will help them become citizens of the world who can make a difference
- Provide fast, formative feedback through which your students can improve their understanding and develop their higher order thinking skills through the subject you are teaching them
- Contribute to the work of the Art department and the Secondary School as a whole
- Be part of the Secondary School initiative to develop teaching and learning in all subjects and classrooms
- Engage in the life of the International School in this exciting city
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Committed to developing a clear and challenging programme for our students
- Able to work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver the programme
- Positive, encouraging and able to motivate students
- Focused on children’s learning and development
- Flexible, open to change, and solution-oriented
- Patient, kind and prepared to accept that you may not be right
- Well-organised, ethical and rich in empathy
- A degree in Art or other related discipline
- A teaching certification or qualification
- Teaching experience in a group setting with children of secondary school age would be an advantage
- Experience of working in an internationally-minded and diverse school community
What working at LIS is about:
- Wonderful students who are interested in learning
- The benefit of ongoing internal and external professional development
- A dynamic and diverse workplace which continues to develop good teaching and learning practices
- An exciting and flexible model of working that effectively supports the needs of students
- The chance to engage in the life of the International School in the beautiful city of Leipzig
Please apply only via our online application tool on our website www.lis.school and let us know on which website you found out about the vacant position. More information about the required application documents is available under ‘Job Opportunities’.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact our HR Manager:
Christiane Heinold: +49 341 – 39377630
The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is identified.
More information about our mission, core objectives and values as well as our programmes are available on our website www.lis.school.