Job Start: 01 August 2018
Location: Könneritzstraße 47, Leipzig, Germany
Contract: part-time, time-limited contract of employment until 31 July 2019
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds; thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 70 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Leipzig International Kindergarten).
Our excellent academic results, benchmarked against the International Schools’ Assessment and the IGCSE and IB international examinations, are proof of the quality education we provide at Leipzig International School. The school is fully accredited by the Council of International Schools as well as the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world? Then we are looking forward to hearing from you!
We are looking for a Secondary School Teacher English as leave cover to start on 01 August 2018 to join the Secondary School English department to teach across the Grades 6 – 10 English programme. This position encompasses 14 periods a week (46.67 % of a full-time workload) but there might be the possibility to move up to 70 %.
You should be:
- Committed to developing a clear and challenging programme for our students
- Positive, encouraging and able to motivate students
- An enthusiastic and inspiring classroom practitioner
- Focused on children’s learning and development
- Flexible, open to change, and solution-oriented
- Patient, kind and prepared to accept that you may not be right
- Well-organised, ethical and rich in empathy
- A degree in English
- A teaching certification or qualification
- Experience of working in an internationally-minded and diverse school community
What we offer:
- Wonderful students who are interested in learning
- A dynamic and challenging job in a caring work
- The opportunity to further develop curriculum, assessment, teaching and learning in the school
- A modern workplace
- An interesting and important job in the beautiful city of Leipzig
Please apply only via our online application tool on our website www.lis.school. More information about our current vacancies and the required application documents is available under ‘About LIS’ - ‘Job Opportunities’.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact our HR Manager:
+49 341 – 39377 630
The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is identified.
More information about our mission, core objectives and values as well as our programmes is available on our website www.lis.school.