Job Start: 01 September or as soon as possible
Location: Könneritzstraße 47, Leipzig, Germany
Contract: Full time, initially time limited contract of employment until 31 July 2020, extension possible
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds; thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 70 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Leipzig International Kindergarten).
Our excellent academic results, benchmarked against the International Schools’ Assessment and the IGCSE and IB international examinations, are proof of the quality education we provide at Leipzig International School. The school is fully accredited by the Council of International Schools as well as the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world? Then we are looking forward to hearing from you!
We are looking for a Secondary School Teacher to start 01 September 2018 or as soon as possible to join the Secondary School German department to teach Middle and Upper School First Language German. The new teacher would work initially in the Middle School (grades 6-8). You will be expected to contribute to the life of a busy international school and to be active in raising the awareness of German culture within the community.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Collaboratively plan, deliver and assess work for your classes in parallel with other department members
- Deliver relevant, current and challenging lessons that will allow students to see how the subject you are teaching them will help them become citizens of the world who can make a difference
- Provide fast, formative feedback through which your students can improve their understanding and develop their higher order thinking skills through the subject you are teaching them
- Contribute to the work of the German department and the Secondary School as a whole
- Be part of the Secondary School initiative to develop curriculum and assessment, and teaching and learning in all subjects and classrooms
- Engage in the life of the International School in this exciting city
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Committed to developing a clear and challenging programme for our students
- Able to work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver the programme
- Positive, encouraging and able to motivate students
- Focused on children’s learning and development
- Flexible, open to change, and solution-oriented
- Patient, kind and prepared to accept that you may not be right
- Well-organised, ethical and rich in empathy
- Native level speaker in German
- A degree in German Language or Literature
- A teaching certification or qualification
- Teaching experience in a group setting with children of secondary school age would be an advantage
- Experience of working in an internationally-minded and diverse school community
What working at LIS is about:
- Wonderful students who are interested in learning
- A dynamic and challenging job in a caring community
- The opportunity to further develop teaching and learning in the school
- A modern workplace
- An interesting and important job in the beautiful city of Leipzig
Leipzig is an historic, green, vibrant university city that is safe, well-connected, and in the cultural heart of Europe.
Please apply via our online application tool and let us know on which website you found out about the vacant position. More information about the required application documents and a short manual how to upload your application are available under ‘Job Opportunities’.
More information about our mission, core objectives and values as well as our programmes is available on our website www.lis.school.