SIS Swiss International School operates 16 bilingual, private day schools in Switzerland, Germany and Brazil. More than 3.400 students attend our classes from preschool through to secondary school. They come from local as well as from international families and learn in German (or Portuguese) and in English.
SIS Swiss International School Ingolstadt provides a complete education from preschool through to secondary school and university entrance qualification. Throughout all stages, subjects are taught in German and English. Our school community comprises staff members and families from all over the world, working together to deliver a stimulating and exciting learning experience to our students. Estab-lished in 2010, the school has grown to more than 200 students.
Our bilingual Secondary School is open all day from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., lessons take place from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. School days are divided into regular intervals with time for learning, play and breaks.
At our bilingual, private Secondary School, English and German are given equal weight. Each subject is typically taught in one language – either in English or in German – for the duration of one school year. We teach according to the Bavarian curriculum. In the interest of a solid and broad education, we focus not only on bilingualism, but also on mathematics and the natural sciences. We conduct science projects on a regular basis, both as part of normal lessons as well as at off-campus locations.
SIS Ingolstadt has its own school building in the northwest of Ingolstadt. The school building features well-lit and pleasant classrooms, a science classroom, a media library as well as a cafeteria, whose large win-dows and access to the out-door area contribute to the pleasant atmosphere at lunchtime, and which can be used for a variety of activities. The school yard provides ample space for playing, letting off steam and unwinding; a small athletic field can be used for various sports and games.
A certified qualification to also teach English / Physics and/or ICT is a plus.
• Fully qualified teacher (PGCE / QTS / 2. Staatsexamen or equivalent qualification plus teaching experience)
• Subject-specific expertise and enthusiasm
• Passion for teaching and supporting children and adolescents in all areas
• Native or near native level of English, good understanding of German preferred
• Ability to work in a team and interest in being part of an innovative and inter national staff
• the opportunity to actively participate in the educational development of the school by contributing your own ideas
• an open and welcoming atmoshpere
• a stimulating professional learning and working environment characterised by the ideas of a teaching team made up of various nationalities.
• manifold staff development opportunities with a particular focus on bilingual education
• additional employer benefits (e.g. reduced price for lunch, company pension scheme etc.)
• a new facility featuring state-of-the-art equipment including laptops and interactive boards
Please send your complete application documentation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
For further information about SIS Ingolstadt and the vacancy, please contact the principal, Mr. Tim Kaboth (phone+49 841 981 44 60).