Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for this position.
Catholic Education Services is an equal opportunity employer.
The Secondary Teacher will be part of at team of teachers delivering Life Skills outcomes and content to students with a diagnosis of Moderate Cognitive Disability or Deaf or Hard of Hearing. They will work in partnership with parents and specialists to develop a personalised plan, which is embedded into their teaching and learning. The Secondary Teacher will be responsible to the Principal.
- Possess a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic Education and the ethos of Catholic schools.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of relevant educational issues and good pedagogy.
- Have experience teaching students with developmental disabilities Yr 7-10, inclusive of identification and assessment processes, Life Skills, curriculum differentiation, and program development.
- have excellent organisational, communication and information technology skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of supports for students with developmental disabilities (Yr 7-10). For example: Visual Supports, Positive Behaviour Support, and Augmentative Communications System.
- A capacity to develop, implement and review Individual Plans for students with developmental disabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams and with parents.
- be appropriately qualified.
- record current NESA and Working With Children number on application.
- evidence of completion of Anaphylaxis training certificate must be supplied. (https://etraining.allergy.org.au/login/index.php) Note: To start or return to working as a teacher in a NSW school, you must be accredited by NESA.
How to Apply:
For further information and instruction on how to apply, please visit the website - https://www.mn.catholic.edu.au/employment/positions-vacant/