King's College Panama, The British School of Panama is looking to appoint a Secondary Teacher English & Drama for August 2018.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, creative and well-qualified teacher of English & Drama to join our growing secondary department.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of Secondary, Assessment Coordinator, English Subject Lead and other secondary staff to develop a creative and concise curriculum with the aim of driving the school forward in its aim to be at the forefront of British Education in Panama
An ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience teaching the British Curriculum across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5. They will have previously lead and/or assisted in the development of their department’s teaching practices as well as being committed to a pastoral role within a year group. An experience of having worked with EAL students would be an advantage.
Our Secondary Department follows the British National Curriculum and teaches Cambridge/EdExcel iGCSE from Year 9 and will introduce A-Level across a range of subjects from the same Exam Boards. An experience of this Exam Board would be desirable although not essential. An experience of teaching a range of subjects would also be desirable.
A position of responsibility within the school’s Middle Management Team may also be available to the right candidate.
The School in Brief
- First British School in Panama,recently opened in 2012
- Amazing opportunity to be part of an exciting new project still in development phase.
- Classes opened from Nursery to Year 11 with annual growth to Year 13.
- Newly refurbished building with extensive grounds and facilities.
- Strong links with both the Ministry of Education Panama and the British Embassy
- We offer an annual programme of training for 28 Panamanian teachers to help aid Panama education system.
- Associate Status with COBIS
- Part of the King's Group of Schools (King's College Madrid, Murcia, Alicante, UK, Latvia, Bahrain and Panama)
- A dynamic, passionate, resilient and inspirational teacher
- Excellent working knowledge of the English National Curriculum and recent developments
- Flexible and ready for a challenge of a new developing school
- A fluent English speaker and holder of a British passport
- Minimum of 2 years UK experience
- Willingness to be part of the training programme for the Panamanian Teachers
- Knowledge of Spanish, or willingness to learn Spanish would be an advantage
Timeline of application and employment
- All applications must be completed with the King’s Application Form (in-line with Safer Recruitment Policy).
- References will be called for before interview.
- Interviews will be on skype (unless a local candidate is found) by members of the School Leadership team.
- Successful candidates must be prepared to be re interviewed by a student body within the same week of the main interview and maybe asked for a sample of planning to be emailed to the school.
- Candidates will be informed of the outcome of the interview within a week and a formal offer made from the Head teacher.
- Kings Group HR department will issue Terms & Conditions following formal offer.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity to join the Academic Teaching team at a King's Group School in Panama please complete and send the application pack, available at http://vacancies.kingsgroup.org/?centre=Panama
To apply, please also send a covering letter of no more than one side of A4 and a recent photograph (by email) by the closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 9th February 2018.
To find out more about King’s Group, visit http://kingsgroup.org/
King's Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS process.