British College La Cañada is seeking an enthusiastic, resilient and experienced secondary school teacher with a proven track record of achieving high academic standards, to teach KEY STAGE 3 FRENCH to well-motivated secondary pupils of various abilities. We are a growing secondary department and this September 2021, we will have grown in size and have approximately 300 pupils across Years 7-13.
We will be preparing our first Year 13 cohort for their A2 examinations, having seen our first year 12 group through their AS. It is essential for candidates to show a willingness and ability to adapt their skills and utilise their specialism to help us achieve our vision for excellence all the way up to Year 13.
We specifically require an experienced and knowledgeable French teacher who can further add to this curriculum area under the leadership of the Head of Secondary. The candidate must have an excellent ability to assess without levels and excellent literacy and numeracy skills. Any experience of EAL practices is an advantage.
Additionally, the successful candidate will:
- have a degree from a British University (B.Ed, BA Hons with QTS or PGCE);
- show evidence of recent relevant continuing professional development (including up-to-date knowledge of AfL, EAL, ICT, literacy/numeracy across the curriculum, motivation in the classroom and effective methods for differentiation);
- have a minimum of 1 year teaching in a Secondary school;
- have passed NQT year and have recent experience teaching students in Key Stage 3 to 5;
- have experience of teaching ideally the National Curriculum in England/Wales (applicants with experience of teaching the curriculum in Scotland or Northern Ireland are welcome to apply);
- have excellent subject knowledge and possess a dynamic and creative approach to teaching and learning, including how to motivate all learners;
- have a positive disposition, able to communicate effectively and work well as a member of a team;
- have high expectations of pupils' learning and behaviour;
- demonstrate experience and/or knowledge of pastoral care;
- experience of writing schemes of work and curriculum plans;
- Have a very high level of English (C1 highly desirable).
We have high expectations for all staff and pupils and aim to create a happy and inspiring environment, in order for our young learners to reach their full potential.
The secondary school's buildings and facilities are modern and well maintained; the successful candidate will be benefiting from brand new facilities in a purpose-built secondary building, with bright, modern and well-resourced classrooms and learning facilities.
The school follows the British Curriculum, with an interest in providing a holistic approach to teaching, alongside teaching the main parts of the Spanish curriculum. The school is a member of NABSS (National Association of British Schools in Spain) and BSO (British Schools Overseas). For further information please visit our website, our Facebook page or contact Kelly Simpson (Head of Secondary) with any queries by email.
British College La Cañada is committed to the safeguarding and protection of its pupils, therefore all successful candidates will be expected to provide a recent DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check prior to employment.
This is a permanent position, and could be part time or full time based on requirements. Teachers work until the end of the school year in June, enjoying a long summer break in July and August. Whilst there is a July summer school, teachers are not obliged to work in July, but can opt-in to work 2 weeks for a 35% salary increase in this month. Whilst there are no half terms, we do benefit from a generous number of local and national bank holidays and extended holidays during the year as well as the usual Easter and Christmas breaks.
PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED INFORMATION PACK FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR SCHOOL, THE PERSON SPECIFICATION AND TEACHER JOB DESCRIPTION.
Applicants should send a copy of their curriculum vitae (with names of referees) and a letter of application outlining how their experience and vision will impact on our school via the link below.
British College La Canada
La Cañada, Valencia
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years