ABERDEEN St Joseph's High School
Vacancy TypeTemporary Full Time
St Joseph's High School, Aberdeen is seeking a temporary full-time on site casual to join the teaching team for the 2020 school year!
Classroom teaching and duties as directed by the School Principal.
• Join a school set among green fields with extensive picturesque views of rich farmlands, cattle grazing, the Hunter River and distant mountains;
• Join an agricultural environment committed to enriching staff and students with a variety of real life experiences through interactive agricultural projects;
• Incentives available to compensate for additional costs associated with relocation to this location in the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle.
St Joseph’s High School is a co-educational, Year 7-12 school committed in partnership with the community to meeting the academic, social, physical and spiritual needs of its students. St Joseph’s promotes an authentic learning community with a rigorous and comprehensive academic curriculum encouraging high standards of education for every student.
The teaching community are deeply committed to helping students achieve their goals with a strong focus on Catholic identity and the development of the whole person. Among the school community it is highly recognise that learning has its greatest outcomes when parents, students and teachers form strong relationships based on mutual respect and trust. Teachers maintain high expectations of students, fostering the formation of well-rounded and spiritually centred young people. Relocating to a new community to live and work is a leap of faith. It involves a shifting away from family, friends and familiar routines. However, it can also open up possibilities of opportunities for professional growth, unique experiences and new friendships.
• A relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education;
• Ability to teach in the relevant curriculum area/s;
• High level knowledge of the relevant key learning area/s and a proven capacity to improve student learning;
• Effective classroom management and teaching skills which enable students with a diverse range of needs to achieve their full potential;
• Exemplary values and attitudes appropriate to professional practice and the intellectual, physical and social development of students;
• Ability to successfully implement and evaluate curriculum initiatives in accordance with curriculum and standards framework;
• Demonstrated capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and commitment to ongoing professional learning;
• Commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities as a member of the school team;
• Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and other teachers;
• Use of interpersonal skills to develop positive relationships with students, school staff and the wider community;
• Willingness to fulfil the requirements of the CSO Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy.
• Current NESA Accreditation and Paid Working With Children Check (WWCC);
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training;
• Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead 2018 - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012;
• Current Accreditation at Category B – Accreditation to Teach (Teaching staff who do not teach Religion) or working towards this accreditation.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Wednesday 26 February, 2020
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Joseph's High School
PO Box 12
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
• 9.5 per cent superannuation.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria directly to Principal – Robert Holstein: email@example.com
Applications close: 26 February 2020, 3pm.