|Location||ADAMSTOWN St Pius X High School|
|Vacancy Type||Temporary Part Time|
|Description||St Pius X High School, Adamstown is seeking a temporary part-time (0.4 FTE) Science/ Mathematics Teacher to join the school community commencing ASAP. This position is teaching Years 7, 8, 9 and 10 Science classes as well as one year 8 Mathematics class.
St Pius X High School, Adamstown, is a co-educational Catholic School serving students in Years 7 to 10. The community at St Pius X High School aims for excellence in all areas of study, providing a range of opportunities for all students to experience success. St Pius X has a proud history and an excellent reputation in the Newcastle region, priding itself on providing a space where the creativity, skill and talent of its teaching staff are appreciated, embraced and encouraged. The curriculum incorporates both traditional and contemporary courses; students regularly perform well above the state average in NAPLAN tests and continue to be high achievers in the Higher School Certificate.
|Position Requirements||Teachers in a Catholic school have a unique role to play and are assigned with the task of ensuring each child has the opportunity to grow both academically and spiritually and to live purposeful lives.
The teacher will promote the school as a place of learning and excellence in accordance with contemporary evidence-based learning and wellbeing principles (including digital learning) and will ensure the ongoing development and implementation of pedagogical practices that impact on student learning outcomes.
The Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle has an abiding commitment to promote the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults - particularly those who participate in the life of the Diocese. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check and, where legislated, hold a Working with Children Check. Diocesan workers are expected to personally adopt and enact the Diocese’s Safeguarding Commitment Statement.
|Essential Criteria||• Ability to articulate a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic Education and to actively supporting the Catholic ethos and culture of the school
• Ability to apply appropriate knowledge in order to plan and prepare contemporary and compliant teaching and learning programs in your nominated areas which meet the diverse characteristics, needs and learning styles of students and encourage them to work towards attainment of their potential
• Demonstrated ability to effectively utilise data to optimise organisational and educational outcomes
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with school staff and members of the wider community in order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes
• Desire to contribute to the establishment of a staff-wide culture of professional learning, reading and reflective practice
• Demonstrate an innovative and agile mindset that supports and enhances a culture of continuous improvement within the school environment
• Evidence of excellent organisational and administrative skills
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Current NESA Accreditation;
• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC) number;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training.
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2020.|
|Applications Close||Friday 28 May, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Robert Emery (email@example.com)||4957 1032|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||To apply: Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume directly to Bob Emery – firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees, two of whom must be the person's current principal and previous supervisor. If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous supervisor/principal. Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees. Not providing these details can delay the recruitment process. * Please note: all selection criteria must be adequately addressed for your application to be considered for shortlisting.* Applications close: Thursday 13th May, 2021. 3:00pm|
St Pius X High School