MAITLAND All Saints College, St Mary's Campus
Vacancy TypePermanent Full Time
Classroom teaching and duties as directed by the School Principal.
This role is initially based at All Saints' College, St Mary's Campus Maitland however may require relocation to another school in the Maitland-Newcastle Diocese based on demand.
ASC St Marys Campus is a Year 11-12 co-educational school located in the heart of Maitland. The school was founded in 1867 by the Dominican Sisters and has been the senior campus of All Saints College since 1992. Maitland is approximately 35 minutes from Newcastle CBD.
• a relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education;
• willingness to fulfill the requirements of the Diocesan Faith Education Accreditation Policy;
• ability to teach in the relevant curriculum area/s including extension courses;
• high level knowledge of the relevant key learning area/s and a proven capacity to improve student learning;
• high quality classroom teaching skills which enable students with a diverse range of needs to achieve their full potential;
• exemplary values and attitudes appropriate to professional practice and the intellectual, physical and social development of students;
• ability to successfully implement and evaluate curriculum initiatives in accordance with curriculum and standards framework;
• demonstrated capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and commitment to ongoing professional learning;
• commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities as a member of the school team;
• high level of communication and interpersonal skills when relating to students, parents and other teachers.
• Applicants will need to comply with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012 and will need to work towards Accreditation at Category D – Accreditation to Teach Religion.
• Current NESA and Working With Children number must be recorded on application.
• Be appropriately qualified as a four year trained secondary teacher.
• Evidence of completion of Anaphylaxis training certificate must be supplied.
Note: To start or return to working as a teacher in a NSW school, you must be accredited by NESA.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Monday 14 October, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
ASC Head of Campus
All Saints College, St Mary's Campus
16 Grant Street
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
The covering letter attached to your curriculum vitae (full personal details and contact details of referees) should address the criteria as outlined above.
The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese.
Applications will be received at the school up to 3.00pm on the closing date.