We are looking for a Secondary School Technology Integration Teacher to start 01 August 2018, initially time limited contract of employment for two years, extension possible. A leadership role in the Secondary Management Team (SMT) may be available for a suitably experienced candidate.
As Technology Integrator for Secondary School you will join one other ICT colleague in the ICT department and would work across the Secondary School including Computing and ICT classes at IGCSE and IBDP level. You will be responsible for the integration of technology into the classroom, supporting teachers and leaders in making effective use of technology to enhance teaching and learning, assessment and curriculum development. You will have experience in the use of Google Classroom, which is used extensively across the Upper School. You will be expected to contribute to the life of a busy international school. This job is ideal for someone with a few years teaching experience looking for the first move overseas.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Actively support colleagues with the integration of technology across curriculum areas
- Attend Departmental meetings and support the integration of technology into the curriculum
- Develop and/or enhance the current IT curriculum and assessments, spanning middle years, IGCSE and IBDP courses
- Work alongside class teachers to upskill those that need it in order to make more effective use of ICT in their classroom practice
- Be the point expert in the use of Google Classroom to enhance teaching and learning
- Present workshops and advice at Secondary staff meetings
- Develop a vertically and horizontally aligned curriculum for the development of ICT skills from grade 6 to 12
- Together with the Head of ICT, draft an annual IT plan for the Secondary school and submit this to the Management Team for approval
- Maintain the IT inventory of the Secondary School
- Collaborate with the Primary School Technology Integrator to ensure consistency of approach
- Have responsibility for the Secondary IT budget and for ordering IT resources
- Communicate about technology integration to parents, in the LIS Observer, etc.
- Take a key role in the implementation of the Secondary development plan, ensuring that ICT requirements are met with appropriate solutions
You should be:
- Experienced in integrating ICT into the classroom to enhance teaching and learning
- Experienced in the use of Google Classroom
- Capable of working in a collaborative and collegiate manner with colleagues from a range of levels of technical capability
- Willing to take initiative, be assertive
- Capable of taking a strategic view and managing a strategic plan
- Flexible, open to change, and solution-oriented
- Well organised and structured
- Teaching certification, PGCE or Degree in Computing, Information Technology or comparable education
- English language proficiency
- Excellent knowledge of software, tools and platforms that can enhance teaching and learning and can promote collaborative working between teachers, students and parents
- Experience in training and supporting colleagues
- Previous work/travel experience abroad is helpful
What we offer:
- Wonderful students who are interested in learning
- A dynamic and challenging job in a caring work environment
- The opportunity to further develop curriculum, assessment, teaching and learning in the school
- The opportunity to be part of our school community and international life in Leipzig
- A modern workplace
Please apply via our online application tool and let us know on which website you found out about the vacant position. More information about the required application documents and a short manual how to upload your application are available under ‘Job Opportunities’.
More information about our mission, core objectives and values as well as our programmes is available on our website www.lis.school.