REQUIRED FOR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE:Â SECRETARY
- Hours of work: 35 hours per week / Term Time only (including five INSET days across the year) + two weeks during school holidays (one week at Easter and one week during the summer holidays which will be decided by the school) Monday to Friday: 9.00 am to 4.30 pm (non-negotiable) including a 30-minute unpaid lunch break
- Salary: Grade 3, Point Range: 15-20 [Â£17,072 to Â£19,430]
St Julie's Catholic High School is a popular and oversubscribed school for girls, situated in the conservation area of Woolton Village, South Liverpool. In September 2017, we moved into our new £23 million school building featuring a new administration office, which accommodates a range of Support Staff functions across the school - Administration, Finance, Exams, and Premises staff.
An opportunity has arisen for a Secretary at St Julieâ€™s Catholic High School.Â The role of the Secretary is to provide comprehensive and varied administrative and secretarial support to the school community, and to act as a point of contact for many parent and student enquiries.Â The successful candidate will be situated in the Administration Office, working as a member of the Administration Team comprising two full time Senior Secretaries, two Secretaries and an Administration Manager.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a Secretary, who will support the school's stated aims and to maximise the effectiveness of its administrative functions. The successful applicant will be a competent and experienced Secretary, with strong administration and ICT skills, excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and an attention for detail, with a positive, proactive attitude to work, with the ability to work under pressure, be able to multi-task effectively as well as managing their time to meet deadlines, whilst remaining calm and professional. Duties will include providing high quality secretarial support, attending meetings, taking minutes as required, and providing general administrative assistance. Knowledge of SIMS is desirable. The successful candidate will:
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Have excellent customer service skills and be able to communicate effectively via phone and in person
- Have a willingness to work flexibly and support staff across the school as needed.
Please visit St Julie's staff vacancy section on the school website for an application pack: www.stjulies.org.uk.Â Only completed applications submitted on the CES Application Form will be considered, and should be submitted electronically to: Recruitment@stjulies.org.uk
CLOSING DATE: 9.00 AM on FRIDAY 12 JANUARY 2018
SHORTLISTING: 9.30 AM on FRIDAY 12 JANUARY 2018
INTERVIEWS: WEDNESDAY 17 JANUARY 2018
NB:Â Only short-listed applicants for this post will be contacted following the closing date.