Vision for Education’s Cheshire branch is currently recruiting for SEMH or Behavioural specialist Teaching Assistants.
Our Client is based in St Helens near the M62 and is a specialist School for Autistic pupils aged 5 through to 19.
Previous experience of working within schools is desirable but not essential, however the ideal candidate will have had experience working with Autism before either in residential or supported living services, or somewhere of a similar nature.
This opportunity could be permanent for the right individual!
The hours will be 8.30am until 4.30pm Monday to Friday and term time only.
Salary - Dependent upon experience - Starting at £65 per day.
- Have a patient, supportive, empathetic and understanding nature.
- Previous Experience working with students aged 5 – 19 with Autism or learning disabilities.
- Happy to work with children of all ages and young adults (5 -19).
- Be vigilant and supportive when managing / deescalating challenging behaviour.
- Comfortable with Personal Care if required.
- Have a real desire to work with SEN students on the Autistic Spectrum.
- Be confident working with both groups and 1:1.
- Be confident when liaising with parents and colleagues.
- Applicant must hold current experience within the last two years to qualify.
- Applicant must hold a current enhanced DBS certificate or be willing to undergo one through Vision for Education and have it registered on the Update Service.
- Must have experience working with Autism.
Our specialist SEND consultants have the knowledge and expertise to find the ideal placement for you, with our long-standing and trusting relationships with each of our clients we are guaranteed to place you in positions to enhance your career and experience.
We promise to provide you with an honest and efficient service where we deliver high levels of customer service and after care to every candidate and client.
Benefits of working with Vision for Education:
- Rewarding rates of pay – Vision for Education pay to National Living Wage, not national minimum wage. We pay this as an absolute minimum to all of our candidates.
- Professional 24/7 support.
- Free of charge CPD Training Opportunities including Team Teach training.
- Committed consultants.
- Continuous Support and feedback throughout.
- In house payroll department, so no need to sign up with a payroll provider.
We look forward to hearing from you, please apply now with your CV and if requirements are met our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Know someone else who suits the above criteria? Why not take advantage of our “Refer a Friend” incentive? For every person that you refer to us that becomes a successful candidate, we pay £50 as a thank you! Terms and Conditions apply.