Are you an experienced and efficient administrator within a special education needs environment? We have a great opportunity and brand new position available; we are looking for a motivated and organised SEN Admin Assistant to work closely with our SENCo at Stationers’ Crown Woods Academy. Our successful candidate will work efficiently to ensure that all of our EHCPs Annual Reviews, Children Looked After PEPs and statutory paperwork are coordinated and implemented within the statutory timescale.
The successful candidate will need to work calmly amidst frequent interruptions whilst priding themselves on making an excellent first impression to external visitors. You will need to have had previous experience of working in an educational environment, along with the following skills and experience;
- The ability to show maturity, tact and discretion bearing in mind the confidential and often sensitive nature of the work undertaken
- Excellent IT skills and proficient user of various Microsoft Office applications
- The ability to be flexible in your approach, able to work effectively adjusting to the daily demands of a busy school while still delivering a first-rate customer service experience
- The ability to be able to process and manage information accurately and in a variety of formats
- You must be able to work accurately under pressure whilst still maintaining high standards of performance levels
- You will need to have strong interpersonal skills, be a confident communicator able to convey information clearly, with proven experience in establishing positive working relationships
- You will need to be able to liaise with staff, pupils, parents/carers and external agencies
- You will need to have a professional approach to your work and be able to deal calmly with matters face to face, over the telephone and via email
- Your positive attitude and ‘can do’ approach will help you to effectively prioritise and deal with a possible demanding workload.
- An understanding of relevant child protection policies which keep children safe in a school setting would be beneficial but is not essential as full training would be provided
The working basis of this role is 35 hours per week during Term Time plus one additional week inset for training purposes. The position is offered on a fixed term basis until July 2020 initially with every intention to extend or make permanent.
Working at Stationers' Crown Woods Academy: Stationers’ Crown Woods Academy joined Leigh Academies Trust in 2014. The campus incorporates nine buildings which include four home schools each serving 450 pupils and students, a Design, Technology and Creative and Performing Arts School, a Sport and Community Education Centre and an Inclusions Hub. Working with the Stationers’ Company and Ravensbourne will enable the new Stationers’ Crown Woods Academy to enhance our provision and develop a Digital Curriculum fit for the future.
Our objective is to be a flagship academy where every pupil not only achieves their full potential but also feels an integral part of the organisation. An academy where no child feels lost and no child is left behind. An academy where the bonds between parent, teacher and child are so secure that failure is not an option. The unique community that we have built ensures that young people achieve their ambition in a caring environment where they are the centre of all that we do.
Working with Leigh Academies Trust: As of September 2019, our Trust is comprised of 25 geographically organised academies (11 secondaries, 13 primaries and 1 special) educating over 15,000 students, and employing over 2,500 talented staff. We also have three further academies in development phase, due to open between September 2020-2021. The Trust is establishing four ‘clusters’ of academies: North West Kent; Central Kent; South East London; Medway. In addition, the Trust is responsible for one of the region’s biggest initial teaching training providers and a large teaching school.
As part of Leigh Academies Trust you will have ample opportunity to collaborate with your peers both within the academy and across the whole Trust. This is an important part of our vision as we know through experience that we perform better when we work together. You are supported to undertake regular self-development to continue your professional development and hopefully progress further within the organisation.
We strive to offer a range of benefits that all employees can take advantage of which we regularly review and add to.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust, we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.