14 Hours per week
Term time only (38 Weeks)
Fixed term contract – Two terms (Possible Extension)
(Could lead to permanent for the right candidate)
Penwortham is seeking to appoint a hardworking and reliable SEN Administrator to support our SENCO and SEN Team in all aspects of their administration.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, be a good team player and enjoy working around young people. Typical working hours are 8.30am – 4pm (30 minutes for lunch unpaid) two days per week which will be agreed upon appointment.
Ideally you will have experience of working within a school managing student SEN needs alongside an understanding of Special Educational Needs & Disabilities.
Your duties will include:
• using SIMS to input, maintain, retrieve and produce reports to analyse information which will also include the medical register
• managing SEN online records and systems and ensure assessment deadlines are met
• all administrative and clerical duties needed to support the SENCO, including preparing paperwork
• maintain, operate and review efficient administrative support systems for the SEN Team including filing, photocopying and scanning as required
• assist in organising Annual Review meetings for pupils with an Education Health & Care Plan
• communicating with members of the school community
• dealing with sensitive situations and ensuring confidentiality at all times
• accurately recording and circulating telephone messages
• support the provision of SEN, including the allocation of support time and the writing of Pupil Profiles
• ensuring that accurate and detailed records are kept of meetings and discussions with parents and outside agencies
• monitoring the attendance of students with SEN and report to the SENCO
• to support the process of access arrangements in liaison with the SENCO
• to undertake such tasks appropriate to the grade of post which may from time to time be required across the school
• assisting as a member of the SEN team in supervising pupils inside and outside of the school, where appropriate
All staff within Penwortham are expected to contribute to the overall ethos, work and core values of the school. A willingness to participate in training and other learning activities as required is essential as well as a commitment to working in close partnership with all stakeholders.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please call Diane Watkins, School Business Manager on the number below to book a visit or if you have any queries.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. Alternatively an application pack can be found on the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
Closing Date: 25 January 2019 (at noon)
Interviews: 01 February 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
CV’s will not be accepted.
Penwortham Primary School
London SW16 6RJ
Tel: 020 8769 3949
Fax: 020 8677 5354
Head: Sandie Andrews
Roll: (652) – Group 4