The ideal candidate should:
- be an excellent, engaging and reflective classroom practitioner
- have good knowledge of SEN (particularly those with ASD/complex needs)
- be able to assess, plan, resource and review the needs of the children in line with their EHCP
- effectively plan for and deploy additional adults to ensure smooth day-to-day running of the provision
- liaise with the SENCO, speech & language and occupational therapists, BOAT and other agencies and incorporate advice
- motivate, enthuse, engage and inspire our pupils through an engaging Autism specific curriculum
- to develop strategies that enhances the well being of children with ASD
- be able to communicate effectively with parents, pupils and colleagues
- establish and maintain a positive and effective learning environment
- be able to demonstrate flexibility, good teamwork and a commitment to the school’s values and mission statement
- be a dedicated, caring professional who wants to be part of a happy and successful team
We will offer you:
- A positive and caring ethos and working environment.
- A school where staff are highly valued, well being and a healthy work-life balance is a priority.
- Enthusiastic, motivated, well-behaved children and very supportive parents.
- A committed, friendly, welcoming and supportive staff team.
- Excellent support from the headteacher, senior leadership team and governing body.
- High quality and bespoke professional and career development opportunities.
- Opportunities and potential for future leadership roles.
- Sponsorship for a diploma/masters in ASD.
Sudbury Primary School is a four-form entry primary school serving a diverse community. The children enjoy a rich, creative curriculum in a harmonious and purposeful atmosphere.
On 1st November 2017 Sudbury Primary School became part of a Multi-Academy Trust with Claremont High School.
All successful applicants will be initially appointed for one year.
The post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
The Governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school office, who will be happy to arrange a mutually convenient time for a visit.
Further information and application forms are available from the school office and on the school website.
Deadline for final applications: open and ongoing