Required from April 2019
Smallwood Primary is an expanding school, with a Language Resource Base and Children’s Centre, conveniently situated close to Earlsfield mainline station and Tooting Broadway underground. We are a school moving forward with purpose to improve the quality of teaching and learning with a commitment to raising standards.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Smallwood Primary School Language Unit for an excellent practitioner who is committed to the development of high quality inclusive provision for pupils with language impairments and associated special educational needs. This post is to cover a maternity leave and is initially for two terms with the possibility of extending.
We require a confident, enthusiastic teacher with a ‘can do’ mentality and excellent inter-personal skills to work as part of a team in developing and delivering a range of learning activities.
You will be:
• An outstanding classroom practitioner
• Knowledgeable about Speech, Language and Communication Difficulties.
• Passionate about teaching and learning
• Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of communication disorders, especially Autism and effective strategies used to enhance the learning and development of pupils with ASD
• Ability to adapt the curriculum to suit the needs of the children.
• Ability to prepare children for transition to secondary.
• Committed to enabling pupils to progress in all areas of their educational experiences in our school
• Committed to inclusion
• Willing to undertake training for professional development
Significant experience in the teaching of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders, and/or language impairment is essential and knowledge of Makaton and TEACCH is desirable.
This is an exciting time to join Smallwood’s team as there are opportunities for forward thinking, passionate individuals to play a significant part in further developing our school.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. Alternatively an application pack can be found on the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
For any further details please contact the school on the telephone number or email below.
Completed application should be returned to the school by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 28 January 2019
Interviews: 06 February 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
Smallwood Primary School & Children’s Centre
Tooting SW17 0TW
T: 020 8672 6024
F: 020 8682 2065
Headteacher: Mrs. F. Loudon