SEN Classroom Teacher required Teacher Pay Scale/UPS + SEN allowance (£2,106). A TLR allowance may be available depending on experience and qualifications An additional SEN point is available to applicants with the Mandatory Qualification Start date: January 2018
Linden Lodge School is a special school in Wimbledon. We have 140 pupils aged 2 to 19 with a range of vision impairment and other special educational needs. Our pupils have a range of additional needs alongside their vision impairment which include Social Emotional Needs, Multi-Sensory impairment, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Moderate Learning Difficulties, Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties and Complex Medical Needs. Pupils’ abilities range from P1 to pupils who are progressing to GCSE. We are committed to providing outstanding education which recognises the needs and potential of each pupil.
Linden Lodge School has an exceptional highly specialist campus which includes provision for weekly boarders. We are continually seeking to develop and innovate with the latest addition to our provision a state of the art Family Centre for Family Partnership work, professional training and research. Linden Lodge is committed to being a Centre of Excellence in the field of Vision and Multi-Sensory impairment. At our recent Ofsted (February 2017), our school was judged to be a good school with an outstanding Early Years provision.
“Pupils behaviour is excellent. They are polite and friendly to each other and to adults, and have very good attitudes towards learning” (Ofsted February 2017).
We can offer you:
• A supportive team environment which will enable you to develop your professional experience and expertise
• Access and support to gain the Mandatory Qualification in VI / MSI
• Excellent support based on Collaboration, Coaching and Mentoring and Line Management
• Excellent CPD
• Outstanding facilities and resources
• Experience in multi-disciplinary professional practice
• The scope for you to bring your own creativity and talents within a structured framework of assessment, planning and processes
• Training and experience in Family Partnership working
• Career progression including leadership opportunities, Outreach work and access to Masters’ programmes
• Commitment to our school ethos and values based on a positive, professional and respectful approach
• A commitment and understanding of Positive Behaviour Support
• Knowledge and experience in teaching pupils with special educational needs
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Commitment to continued professional development including training as a teacher of Vision impairment or Multi-sensory impairment (through University of Birmingham distance learning)
• Enthusiasm with the ability to deliver innovative and creative personalised teaching and learning programmes
• The ability to lead, inspire and manage support staff
• Commitment to working in partnership with families
• A further qualification in Vision impairment, Multi-Sensory impairment or Hearing-impairment
• An advanced qualification in SEN eg ASD / Communication Disorders
We would like to hear from teachers with experience in Early Years, Primary or Secondary education
School Tour: We encourage applicants to visit us. Please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs Louise Greenwood to arrange a suitable date and time.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. Alternatively an application pack can be found on the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
Alternatively please contact the school for any further details on the telephone number or email below.
Completed applications should be emailed to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 11 December 2017 Interview Date: 15 December 2017
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Linden Lodge School 61 Princes Way Wimbledon Park London, SW19 6JB Tel: 0208 788 0107 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Headteacher: Deborah Rix Roll: 140
‘Investors in People Accredited’.