Smart Teachers is recruiting for an SEN Learning Support Assistant to work on a permanent contract at a school in the London Borough of Lambeth. This is a full time role commencing after the October half term. The SEN Learning Support Assistant will be working with secondary aged children within a school that caters for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. This school is an independent therapeutic school that offers a personalised programme to each student based on their individual learning needs.
About the Role
· SEN Learning Support Assistant / SEN LSA
· To work within an independent therapeutic setting with children aged 14 to 16.
· Possibility of working 1:1 with a child, or as a general support within the classroom
· Full time and permanent contract only
· Non-negotiable starting salary of £17,000 pa
About the School
· Independent school based in South East London
· Stable and established team of staff includes support staff, teachers and qualified therapists and a solid senior leadership team
· Daily briefings are held with all members of staff, which is particularly important given the SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties) needs of the students
· 18 students currently attend the school
· Challenging behaviour, detachment disorders and global development delay are commonplace across the classes
· A well-resourced alternate provision, with facilities that include a music suite, a gym, and a large design and technology workshop
· Provides extensive professional development for staff and fast track career progression and upward mobility available for the right fit
· Provides training in Team Teach and First Aid
In order to be considered for this role, the Learning Support Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
· Previous experience working with students with SEN (desirable)
· Have proven experience working within a UK based classroom as an LSA
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa/right to work)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number LXD162879
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.