Smart Teachers is recruiting for a graduate SEN TA / SEN Teaching Assistant / Special Needs TA for an alternative provision (AP) in West London. The school caters for secondary students with SEMH (social, emotional and mental health difficulties). The successful SEN TA / SEN Teaching Assistant / Special Needs TA will be supporting students across Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4. The SEN TA / SEN Teaching Assistant / Special Needs TA must have a graduate degree and will ideally have previous experience working with students with special needs. This role is to start immediately, with a possibility of a long-term role for the right candidate.
About the Role
• SEN TA / SEN Teaching Assistant / Special Needs TA
• Will be supporting secondary pupils with SEMH (social, emotional and mental health difficulties)
• Assisting the class teacher in duties such as preparing resources and managing pupil behaviour
• Providing feedback on pupil progress
• Role to commence ASAP with the possibility of a long-term role for the right candidate
• Daily rate starting from £70 depending on experience
About the School
• Secondary Alternative Provision based in West London
• Ofsted rated ‘Good’
• Very supportive leadership team
• Less than 50 pupils aged 13-16
• Small class sizes with 2-3 support staff in each class
• All students have a statement of Special Educational Needs
• Caters for children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH)
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN TA / SEN Teaching Assistant / Special Needs TA will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential)
• Must have a graduate degree (essential)
• Previous experience with SEN (SEMH, ASD, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs) (desirable)
• Have strong behaviour management skills
• Have excellent communication skills as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number NVC29515.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.
#STPrime, #STSec or #Ta