Smart Teachers is recruiting for an enthusiastic SEN TA / Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant with proven experience supporting pupils with PMLD and complex needs. The SEN TA / Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant will join a strong, sociable team of TA’s in a large secondary SEN school in the heart of Lambeth. This is a long term position to start immediately with the opportunity to go permanent for the right candidate.
About the Role
· SEN TA / Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant
· Supporting students with PMLD and complex needs
· Required to assist with personal care
· Experience with manual handling, PEG feeding and administering medication would be advantageous but not essential.
· Long term / full time
· £65 to £75 per day dependent on experience
About the School
· SEN school for students with complex learning needs aged 11- 19
· Caters to students with severe learning difficulties (SLD), profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD), autism and physical disabilities
· ‘Good’ Ofsted
· Onsite Parking
· Located in Brixton with transport links from overland rail and tube lines
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN TA / Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
· SEN school experience
· Passionate about supporting pupils with special needs
· Experience with manual handling, PEG feeding and administering medication preferable
· Experience with personal care / PMLD
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number CAH17792.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.