Al Rabeeh School is seeking to appoint an outstanding, enthusiastic and adaptable Special Needs Teacher from August 2018. The successful applicant will have at least 2 years teaching experience in an English National Curriculum School and have a relevant qualification in Special Education or a related field. The role will support the SENCO in ensuring all groups of students receive the best education possible.
The Al Rabeeh name has been synonymous throughout the city for high quality education and pastoral care since 1979. It is a well-established primary school with an excellent reputation within the Abu Dhabi community. Al Rabeeh School is one of the oldest international schools in Abu Dhabi, and has grown considerably over the years.
Al Rabeeh School is the founding establishment of an expanding group of schools and academies, which are aiming to be the best providers of education in the Emirate. We recruit the very best teachers who can deliver our curricula in a creative, collaborative, and highly engaging manner. The school is a member of British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) and is committed to professional development and the CPD programmes BSME offers.
Our special needs teacher will have a crucial role within Al Rabeeh School as we support our students to fully prepare them for their next steps in education. The successful applicant will need to be sympathetic to the ethos and values of Al Rabeeh School, a school with a high population of Emirati/Arab students and be able to adapt their teaching to meet the needs of our students so they make rapid progress.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent knowledge of the English National Curriculum at EYFS, KS1 and KS2 level and current assessment practices
- Experience of using data systems for school improvement, student tracking, intervention, Target Setting, Assessment, Recording & Reporting
- Strong emphasis and desire to be outstanding in teaching and learning
- An ability to nurture and get the best out of people including using performance management systems
- Capacity to support creative learning and to focus on developing 21st Century learning environments and innovation skills
- Confidence in using IT to motivate and extend students’ learning experiences
- Strong focus on pastoral care and be prepared to go the extra mile to get the best out of ‘our’ students
- Commitment to whole school initiatives and the school improvement cycle
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise
- Competitive salary (tax free)
- Furnished Accommodation (including utilities)
- An initial two year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
- Medical insurance cover
- End of service gratuity
- Visa arranged by the school
- Other benefits according to experience
To apply please click the 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date CV, covering letter and photograph to the Director of Schools, Ms Alison Lamb at firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications: Friday 15th June 2018, but interviews may take place ahead of this date so an early application is advantageous.
While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.