Smart Teachers is recruiting for an SEN Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher to join an ‘Outstanding’ SEN school in Islington. Initially this will be a temporary role starting in January 2018, however for the right candidate, there is a potential for the position to go permanent. The school requires an enthusiastic SEN Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher with previous experience and will be teaching KS3 students at a KS2 level.
About the Role
· SEN Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher
· Teaching KS3 students KS2 curriculum
· Previous SEN experience is essential
· Specializing in MLD and ASD
· Initially a temporary role, with an opportunity to go permanent
· £27000 - £35000 per annum
About the School
· SEN school specializing in MLD and ASD
· Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’
· Excellent opportunities for career progression
· Well-resourced with an interactive whiteboard in each classroom
· Fully supportive with up to two teaching assistants per class
· Located in Islington with good transportation links
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· NQTs who have previous experience in SEN schools or who have TA experience within SEN schools is ideal
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number KJC48536.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.