Teachers Main Scale/UPS + SEN1 allowance
Required for January 2019 (or earlier if available)
Are you ambitious? Do you want to work in a dynamic 11-16 school?
We are seeking to appoint an excellent SEN teacher, who is able to motivate and enthuse students.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work with well-motivated students and supportive parents
- The full support of a professional staff team
- The chance to work in an innovative and forward thinking school
- Professional Development in preparation for your next step
- A friendly and supportive environment
- A location on the coast very close to main line railway services and road networks
- Free well-being and medical support cover.
Are you someone who:
- Has experience of working with SEN students in a mainstream secondary school?
- Has knowledge of appropriate teaching and behaviour management for SEN?
- Has experience of assessing for Access Arrangements and/or Dyslexia?
- Is able to motivate and inspire students?
- Can preferably offer an English or Maths specialism?
- Has excellent communication skills?
- Wants to make a real difference to the lives of our students?
For further enquiries or to arrange a visit please contact Karen Hayler on 01903 237864.
Details of this role, including a job description, information on why you may wish to join us, how to apply and an application form can be downloaded from the school website at www.worthinghigh.net/vacancies or from the links in this advert.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 17 September 2018 by 5.00 pm
Interviews will take place on 24 September 2018.
Completed applications should be sent to the Headteacher at the above address or emailed to email@example.com. Applicants may use the Quick Apply function also.
Please note, because of the nature of this job, if you are successful in your application you will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service with barred list check. This will be done by means of applying for a DBS certificate through the Disclosure and Barring Service. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions, spent or unspent. Clearance will be obtained before employment commences.
Worthing High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Worthing High School is an academy and a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales with company number 8276210. The Registered Office is at: South Farm Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN14 7AR .
- We recognise continuous service from academy/non-academy schools.