Want to improve the quality of life and education for Autistic children and young adults?
Come and join our team! TreeHouse school is an Ofsted 'Outstanding' non-maintained special school, providing support and education to over 90 pupils aged 4-19. Our goal for all our pupils and learners is to ensure that when they leave our setting's they will have the opportunity to access employment, further education or training and to live as part of the communities of their choice.
At TreeHouse School, our 'Teaching Assistants' have the title 'Teaching and Behaviour Support' (TaBS). The role combine's teaching and learning with a behavioural approach (Positive Behaviour Support).
This position will be advertised throughout the academic year. Due to the nature of learning needs our pupils and learners do not have one point of entry and can be admitted into our settings at various dates throughout the academic year.
Your role as a Teaching and Behaviour Support:
- Providing person centred, day to day support, delivering 1:1, paired and small group teaching, and learner sessions using Positive Behaviour Support (PBS).
- Supervise and support our learners to engage in community-based learning and educational visits.
- Use your creativity daily to support lesson plans through preparing materials and resources.
- Support our learners to develop crucial life skills, meet their goals and aspirations through communication, independence and participation.
We are looking for empathetic and adaptable individuals, who thrive under pressure and have a natural ability to solve challenges. You will also need physical and emotional resilience to work with young people with a primary diagnosis of Autism, some of whom have other complex needs. You will be keen to use our positive behavioural approach, have a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Why join us?
- A vibrant team of experts, Speech & Language Therapists, Behaviour Analysts, Occupational Therapists and Specialist Teachers.
- Highly competitive annual salary.
- Cycle to work scheme up to £5000.
- We are committed to CPD, where you can access a wide range of training and development opportunities to support your personal and professional development.
- Season ticket loans.
- A wide range of regular wellness programmes both in person and virtually.
- Employee Assistance Programme, to help you balance your work, family, and personal life.
- Access to physiotherapy.
Interviews: Throughout the academic year.
Start date: As soon as possible.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
See a virtual tour of our a school here http://www.treehouseschool.org.uk/about-us/admissions
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Ambitious about Autism
We are Ambitious - We value difference - We are open - We are team players - We are experts
We are the national charity for children and young people with autism. We provide services, raise awareness and understanding, and campaign for change.