Vision for Education are currently recruiting for 3x Learning Support Assistants to work within a specialist provision in the Durham area. The school itself caters for children and young people who have Autism and other complex needs. Some students can display challenging behaviour so excellent behaviour management is needed.
The role itself is to work within the primary department, supporting across a range of classes. There will be an element of working 1-2-1 with students and in small groups so you need to be flexible in your approach. This is a full time role working Monday-Friday, 8.30-3.30.
An ideal candidate will have:
- A caring, approachable and empathetic personality toward young people with complex needs
- A caring and approachable personality with a genuine desire to make a difference
- Experience of working with young people or adults with profound Autism
- Have a patient, supportive and understanding nature
- Happy to work with children of all ages (2-11).
- Be vigilant and supportive when managing / de-escalating challenging behaviour
- Be flexible in your teaching style in order to adapt to each individual.
- Be confident working with both groups and 1:1
In return we can offer you:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
- Free access to all CPD such as Team Teach and seminars on behaviour management techniques
- Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
- Vision for Education pay all employee NI contributions
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
- Access to a dedicated SEN consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
All candidates must hold a current enhanced DBS certificate or be willing to undergo one and have it registered on the online update service. Full assistance will be provided