Smart Teachers is recruiting for a SEN TA / SEN Teaching Assistant / Special Needs TA for a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) in Northwest London. The school caters for pupils from KS1-KS4 who have been excluded from mainstream education and have some level of SEMH (Social, Emotional, and Mental Health) difficulties. The SEN TA / SEN Teaching Assistant / Special Needs TA will be supporting a small class of students at the secondary site. The successful SEN TA / SEN Teaching Assistant / Special Needs TA will ideally have previous experience working with students with special needs and will be available to start in January 2019. This is a temporary role in the first instance with the potential to become long term.
About the Role
• SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA / Special Needs TA
• Will be supporting secondary students with SEMH difficulties
• Assisting the class teacher in duties such as preparing resources and managing pupil behaviour
• Providing feedback on pupil progress
• Role to begin in January 2019 with a possibility of a long-term role for the right candidate
• Daily rate starting from £70
About the School
• Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) in Northwest London
• High proportion of pupils return to mainstream schools
• Ofsted rated ‘Good’
• Pupils are aged between 5-16
• All students have a statement of Special Educational Needs
• Caters for children with Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) difficulties
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN TA / SEN Teaching Assistant / Special Needs TA will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential)
• Previous experience with SEN (SEMH, ASD, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs) (desirable)
• Have strong behaviour management skills
• Have excellent communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number NVC1089.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.