Smart Teachers is pleased to represent a free school offering alternative provision to mainstream education for students based in Tower Hamlets looking to recruit a SEN Teaching Assistant / PE Teaching Assistant to join them from September 2017. The school provides education for students aged between 14 and 19 years who are excluded from, or at risk of being excluded from, mainstream education, for full time or part time education. This is a full time TA position, and for the right candidate, there is a possibility to become a permanent member of staff at the end of the academic year.
About the Role
· SEN Teaching Assistant / PE Teaching Assistant
· Giving 1:1 support to special needs students, particularly with autism and Social Emotional Mental Health (SEMH)
· Mainly supporting KS4 and KS5 students in their PE lessons
· Long term supply (for an academic year) with a possibility to become a permanent member of staff
· Regular working hours from 8:30am until 3.30pm
· Minimum daily rate is £65 (depending on experience)
· A 2 year teaching course is in place, which will benefit the candidate who wants to become a teacher in future
About the School
· Non-religious and non-selective school
· Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’
· Established by a charity that provides apprenticeships and community projects, which are designed to support people into employment
· Providing education for students aged between 14 and 19 years who are excluded from, or at risk of being excluded from, mainstream education, for full-time or part-time education
· Easy to get to from Canary Wharf station
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teaching Assistant / PE Teaching Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
· Have proven UK classroom-based experience: minimum of 6 weeks full-time
· Candidates are welcome to apply who do not have a PE degree, but interested in sports and would like to support PE lessons
· Have experience supporting students with special needs, particularly with autism and Social Emotional Mental Health
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number HZM121969.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.