Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA to join a great school in Barnet (NW9). This full time SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA position is to work with students with Autism (ASD), Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (EBD). The role is available for an immediate start and will be contracted through to the end of the current academic year. There is a possibility that the role will continue into 2019/20, which could lead to a generous offer of permanent placement.
About the Role
· SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA
· Working with SEN students with Autism(ASD), Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (EBD)
· Class support, 1:1 and small group work
· Immediate start, contracted till the end of the academic year
· Possibility for the role to continue
· Daily rate of £70 a day
About the School
· Children are exceptionally well behaved
· Working in a great newly built school with the top of the range SEN facilities
· Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted
· Great scope for progression
· Located short walk from Colindale station
· State of the art SEN facilities
· Warm and welcoming staff
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA will need to meet the following criteria:
· Be eligible to work in the UK (must have a valid visa)
· Must have experience with SEN pupils, especially with ASD, PMLD and EBD
· Have recent classroom experience as a SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA in the UK (minimum 6 weeks)
· Must be comfortable with personal care (feeding and changing)
· Have strong behaviour management skills, literacy and numeracy skills
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number DFM03507.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.