Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA to join a wonderful special school for students with complex needs based close to Hampstead and Kentish Town. The role is a long-term position with a late-September start date attached. Specifically, the role will be within KS3/4 working alongside special educational needs such as PMLD and GLD. This role will involve supporting students with various different needs within the school.
About the Role
• SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA
• KS3/4 groups; supporting students with various needs
• Long-term, possibility of permanent contract
• Daily rate of £70 - £85
About the School
• Complex needs school, this includes learners with: PMLD, ASD, SLD, and Sensory Needs.
• Graded “Outstanding” by Ofsted
• State of the art facilities
• School and research development centre
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number DDS17595PMLD.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.