Smart Teachers is recruiting for a SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA to join a small, but expanding Special Needs school in South West London. The SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA is required to start immediately on a full-time contract. The SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA is initially required until December; however, there is the opportunity to stay on past January.
The school requires a SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA to support children with ASD and other complex needs across KS1/KS2 up to Sixth form. The age groups range from 3-19 year olds, 50 percent of which have autism, and other students have complex and severe learning difficulties. They currently have just under 90 students on roll and the majority of the students require one-to-one support.
The school offers fantastic opportunities for career progression and has a supportive SLT.
Upon visiting the school, you will notice that they are extremely well organised and have an impressive range of outstanding facilities and equipment. The staff we have supplied here have always provided positive feedback and enjoying working there.
About the Role
· SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA
· Full time
· Immediate start in November
· One-to-one and group work in small classes of around 7/8 students
· Assisting KS1 up to sixth form (dependent on experience)
· Daily rate from £70 per day (dependent on experience)
· Onsite training provided, where needed
About the School
· Strong and supportive leadership with excellent CPD
· Career progression opportunities
· Positive team ethos – lots of collaborative work across the schools’ three sites
· Fantastic resources and equipment
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA will need to meet the following criteria:
· Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential), classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Ongoing CPD workshops including Phonics, EAL, Behaviour Management, Child Safeguarding, and SEND
· Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number DJW180851.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.