Smart Teachers is recruiting for a graduate SEN TA / SEN Teaching Assistant / Special Needs TA for an alternative provision (AP) in West London. The school caters for secondary students with SEMH (social, emotional and mental health difficulties). The successful SEN TA / SEN Teaching Assistant / Special Needs TA will be supporting students across KS3 and KS4. The SEN TA / SEN Teaching Assistant / Special Needs TA must have a degree, and will ideally have previous experience working with students with special needs. This temporary role is to start in January 2019, with a possibility of a long-term position for the right candidate.
About the Role
• SEN TA / SEN Teaching Assistant / Special Needs TA
• Will be supporting secondary pupils with SEMH (social, emotional and mental health difficulties)
• Assisting the class teacher in duties such as preparing resources and managing pupil behaviour
• Providing feedback on pupil progress
• Temporary role to from January 2019
• Daily rate starting from £70
About the School
• Secondary Alternative Provision based in West London
• Ofsted rated ‘Good’
• Very supportive leadership team
• Less than 50 pupils aged 13-16
• Small class sizes with 2-3 support staff in each class
• All students have a statement of Special Educational Needs
• Caters for children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH)
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN TA / SEN Teaching Assistant / Special Needs TA will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential)
• Have a degree (essential)
• Previous experience with SEN (SEMH, ASD, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs) (desirable)
• Have strong behaviour management skills
• Have excellent communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number NVC29515.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.