QTS Teacher holding the National SENCO Award, or willing to undertake the training, to join our wider leadership team
We are currently looking to recruit a SENCO to work in our inclusive secondary education setting. The role of SENCO is critical to ensuring that students are provided with a high level of support to enable them to make academic progress and overcome social and emotional barriers to learning.
The successful candidate will be an inspirational teacher and team player who is committed to ensuring equality and inclusivity in school.
- be familiar with working in a SEND, PRU or mainstream setting, with students who have a diverse range of needs
- have the skills to work with students with challenging behaviour and remove barriers to their learning
- work with external agencies e.g. SENAR, Education Psychology etc
- complete necessary administration tasks including writing EHCPs
- be able to create and deliver personalised curriculum pathways for identified students
- deal with external issues that influence the progress a student is able to make in school
- provide emotional support as necessary
- have strong communication skills allowing effective work across the school including with parents
Closing date: 9 March 2018
For further information see our website or email Mrs W Jones (School Support Manager): email@example.com
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Kings Heath Boys,
Tel: 0121 464 4454
Headteacher: Bernadette Przybek