TLR 2b (£4,442)
Required for September 2018
Holyhead School is a heavily over-subscribed, 11-19 Academy in Handsworth with over 1300 students on roll. The school was designated ‘Outstanding‘ by Ofsted following a successful inspection in December 2013, April 2015 and then again in December 2017. Inspectors highlighted a number of key reasons for the school’s success including:
● Teachers have high expectations of all students, regardless of their ability
● Relationships are excellent and are built on respect and trust
● Students from many different backgrounds and cultures get on very well together
● Staff morale is high
● GCSE results across a range of subjects are significantly better than those of similar schools, representing outstanding progress
● Students’ achievement in the Sixth Form is outstanding
We are looking for….
● An efficient and enthusiastic individual with excellent communication skills
● An energetic practitioner able to teach lessons in a variety of subjects
● A person with a good understanding of the code of practice
● An excellent communicator with experience of working closely with students, parents and carers and external agencies
● A dedicated professional with a commitment to extracurricular activities that add value for students
We can offer….
● Excellent students and staff who will enthuse and inspire the successful candidate
● The opportunity to be part of a highly innovative and successful school
● A friendly and supportive working environment
● A commitment to staff wellbeing
● A comprehensive induction programme and the opportunity to engage in further professional development including the NA SENCo program
If you feel that you could add value and have the necessary energy, enthusiasm together with a sense of humour to join us, then please contact Mr Yasir Idris, Human Resources Manager. Please request an application pack. Alternatively, the information can be downloaded from our website. Informal enquiries are most welcome. Please note applications are only accepted on the official Holyhead School job application form.
Holyhead School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
Closing date: 22nd June 2018
Interview: w/c 25th June 2018